Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Angels in Wal-Mart

A lot of people will tell me I’m nuts but I do not care. I am sharing this story only because I want others not to make the mistake I did in not showing the love of Christ to people. It was like any other of the hundreds of times I had been in Wal-mart. I was pre-occupied and in a hurry. As I rounded a corner, I saw this old black man pushing his cart. He was soon followed by another really old black man pushing his cart. People were giving them looks, as if to say, what are they doing in our store? Why, they look homeless! As I looked deep in the eyes of the first old guy, I smiled as if to say, hi and welcome. He smiled a little too, but looked uneasy. I finished my shopping and went to pay. As I was leaving, I saw them go out of the store. I went out right behind them but he and his companion were no where in the parking lot. I know I saw something other than two old black homeless guys that day, for a feeling of joy came to my heart as I looked deep into his eyes. If only I had spoke to them and told them God loved them and so did I. From a small child, I had witnessed my Mother giving bums food at our front door. She always said be careful but to feed and clothe the homeless because we could be entertaining angels and not be aware of it. Heb.13:1-2 Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unaware.

No comments:

Post a Comment