Sunday, January 15, 2012

In His Name the Gentiles Will Hope

Matt.12:21 and in his name the Gentiles will hope."
Who is this King Jesus in which we place our faith and hope of eternal life? He is God's only Son, wholly man and wholly God. Bestowed upon Him are the attributes given Him by holy God, power and judgement over all living things, unbelievable mercy and the keys to death and Hell.
1 Tim.2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus
John 17:1-5
1 When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, 2 since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. 4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.Col.2:9-14 9 For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, 10 and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 11 In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12 having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, 14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.Hallelujah and Amen!Rev.1:17-18  When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and HadesOh Lord, how beautiful is the truth of Your Word! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment