Monday, February 27, 2012

Why I Believe

Gen.1:3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Psalm 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
Rom.1:19-20
19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
God has given us eyes to see and ears to hear! Satan has perverted creation.
In all creation, I look to see what is there. The sky, clouds, rocks, sun, moon, stars, trees, the planets, the human body, must I go on? Man, by knowledge given by God, can indeed duplicate some of creation. But He can not speak it into existence! And that is what sovereign God did, in the beginning, He spoke the world into existence! As a child, I heard the gospel, and knew in my heart that God was there. However, I did not fully understand. As a young mother, I began to question the person of God, the purpose of His Son Jesus and just how I fit into His perfect plan. I began to be acutely aware of my need for a Savior. The reality of sin that separates us from God and because of that sin, we can do nothing to rectify the outcome of death and hell. There is only one way for us to be reconciled to holy God, through His Son Jesus. I did indeed ask for mercy and forgiveness. I did repent. I did fall before His throne of unmerited grace. I began to read my bible. I wanted to know this God who was so merciful. I am not always obedient. I am like the Israelites, I do whine to the Lord, asking why this and that. I will be judged by a just God for all rebellion. When Satan attacks, and be assured he will. There will be one thing I can stand on and that is the truth of God's word. I will share something with you all, every time I reteach God's word to you, Satan attacks. Sometimes it is by way of my computer doing really weird things and me losing some of what I have written. Other times, it is more subtle things. But still I know! It is during these times that I know that this is a fight for souls! It may have the outward appearance of marriage problems, health problems, or job problems. I draw my strength from the One who is able, Christ! When my knees are weak from fright, when the world is crashing down around me, or when I am at the end of what I can handle. God words says peace, be still and know that I am God. You have my Son in whom you have put your faith! Though Satan will trouble you for a while, he is defeated and Christ is king! You have my Word, it is straight and true! You have the beginning and the end of My story in My written Word! My Word is alive with My power, I have given My Word to you, My Word will comfort you!
Lord, I have no power but You are mighty! Against You no evil can stand! I stand on Your promise of salvation through Your Son. I will praise You with all that You have given me, with all the breath that You have given me and will stand on Your Word of truth! Amen
Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."
Ps.46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Eph.6:16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment