Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Sinful Man


But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord." - Luke 5:8

And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!" - Isaiah 6:5

"'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.  - Deuteronomy 32:39

14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
15 He shall eat curds and honey when he knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good. - Isaiah 7:14-15

14 And he will become a sanctuary and a stone of offense and a rock of stumbling to both houses of Israel, a trap and a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
15 And many shall stumble on it. They shall fall and be broken; they shall be snared and taken."
16 Bind up the testimony; seal the teaching among my disciples.
17 I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him. - Isaiah 8:14-17

10 But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God and the everlasting King. At his wrath the earth quakes, and the nations cannot endure his indignation. 
11 Thus shall you say to them: "The gods who did not make the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens."
12 It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens. 
13 When he utters his voice, there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses. 
14 Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them. 
15 They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish. 
16 Not like these is he who is the portion of Jacob, for he is the one who formed all things, and Israel is the tribe of his inheritance; the LORD of hosts is his name. 
17 Gather up your bundle from the ground, O you who dwell under siege! 
18 For thus says the LORD: "Behold, I am slinging out the inhabitants of the land at this time, and I will bring distress on them, that they may feel it." 
19 Woe is me because of my hurt! My wound is grievous. But I said, "Truly this is an affliction, and I must bear it." 
20 My tent is destroyed, and all my cords are broken; my children have gone from me, and they are not; there is no one to spread my tent again and to set up my curtains. 
21 For the shepherds are stupid and do not inquire of the LORD; therefore they have not prospered, and all their flock is scattered. 
22 A voice, a rumor! Behold, it comes!- a great commotion out of the north country to make the cities of Judah a desolation, a lair of jackals. 
23 I know, O LORD, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps. 
24 Correct me, O LORD, but in justice; not in your anger, lest you bring me to nothing. 
25 Pour out your wrath on the nations that know you not, and on the peoples that call not on your name, for they have devoured Jacob; they have devoured him and consumed him, and have laid waste his habitation.  - Jeremiah 10:10-25

Holy Seed

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar.
7 And he touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for."
8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me."
9 And he said, "Go, and say to this people: "'Keep on hearing, but do not understand; keep on seeing, but do not perceive.' 
10 Make the heart of this people dull, and their ears heavy, and blind their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." 
11 Then I said, "How long, O Lord?" And he said: "Until cities lie waste without inhabitant, and houses without people, and the land is a desolate waste, 
12 and the LORD removes people far away, and the forsaken places are many in the midst of the land. 
13 And though a tenth remain in it, it will be burned again, like a terebinth or an oak, whose stump remains when it is felled." The holy seed is its stump.  - Isaiah 6:6-13

9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
10 For it was fitting that he, for whom and by whom all things exist, in bringing many sons to glory, should make the founder of their salvation perfect through suffering.
11 For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers, - Hebrews 2:9-11

The way of man!

1 "Man who is born of a woman is few of days and full of trouble. 
2 He comes out like a flower and withers; he flees like a shadow and continues not. 
3 And do you open your eyes on such a one and bring me into judgment with you? 
4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one. 
5 Since his days are determined, and the number of his months is with you, and you have appointed his limits that he cannot pass, 
6 look away from him and leave him alone, that he may enjoy, like a hired hand, his day. 
7 "For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease. 
8 Though its root grow old in the earth, and its stump die in the soil, 
9 yet at the scent of water it will bud and put out branches like a young plant. 
10 But a man dies and is laid low; man breathes his last, and where is he? 
11 As waters fail from a lake and a river wastes away and dries up, 
12 so a man lies down and rises not again; till the heavens are no more he will not awake or be roused out of his sleep. 
13 Oh that you would hide me in Sheol, that you would conceal me until your wrath be past, that you would appoint me a set time, and remember me! 
14 If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my service I would wait, till my renewal should come. 
15 You would call, and I would answer you; you would long for the work of your hands. 
16 For then you would number my steps; you would not keep watch over my sin; 
17 my transgression would be sealed up in a bag, and you would cover over my iniquity. 
18 "But the mountain falls and crumbles away, and the rock is removed from its place; 
19 the waters wear away the stones; the torrents wash away the soil of the earth; so you destroy the hope of man. 
20 You prevail forever against him, and he passes; you change his countenance, and send him away. 
21 His sons come to honor, and he does not know it; they are brought low, and he perceives it not. 
22 He feels only the pain of his own body, and he mourns only for himself."  - Job 14

No comments:

Post a Comment