Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Come What May


Highs!

Lows!

Everything in between!

Alpha!

Omega!

Beginning!

End!

Christ Alone!!



Job 13:15


    [15] Though he slay me, I will hope in him;

        yet I will argue my ways to his face.


Proverbs 24:10-12


    [10] 

    If you faint in the day of adversity,

        your strength is small. 

    [11] 

    Rescue those who are being taken away to death;

        hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. 

    [12] 

    If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,”

        does not he who weighs the heart perceive it?

    Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it,

        and will he not repay man according to his work?


Hebrews 12:3-4


Do Not Grow Weary


[3] Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. [4] In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.


Job 14:14


    [14] If a man dies, shall he live again?

        All the days of my service I would wait,

        till my renewal should come.


Proverbs 14:32


    [32] 

    The wicked is overthrown through his evildoing,

        but the righteous finds refuge in his death.


Job 13:16


    [16] This will be my salvation,

        that the godless shall not come before him.


Psalm 13:5


    [5] But I have trusted in your steadfast love;

        my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.


Luke 1:46-48


Mary’s Song of Praise: The Magnificat


[46] And Mary said, 


    “My soul magnifies the Lord, 

    [47]     and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 

    [48] for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.

        For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;


2 Corinthians 4:16


[16] So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.


Psalm 42:1-6


Book Two


Why Are You Cast Down, O My Soul?


To the choirmaster. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah.


    [1] As a deer pants for flowing streams,

        so pants my soul for you, O God. 

    [2] My soul thirsts for God,

        for the living God.

    When shall I come and appear before God? 

    [3] My tears have been my food

        day and night,

    while they say to me all the day long,

        “Where is your God?” 

    [4] These things I remember,

        as I pour out my soul:

    how I would go with the throng

        and lead them in procession to the house of God

    with glad shouts and songs of praise,

        a multitude keeping festival.


    [5] Why are you cast down, O my soul,

        and why are you in turmoil within me?

    Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,

        my salvation  [6] and my God.


    My soul is cast down within me;

        therefore I remember you

    from the land of Jordan and of Hermon,

        from Mount Mizar.


Revelation 22:12-13


[12] “Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. [13] I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”


Revelation 1:8


[8] “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment