Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Final Say

Is.66:1-2

1 Thus says the LORD: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? 
2 All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.

Is.66:16
16 For by fire will the LORD enter into judgment, and by his sword, with all flesh; and those slain by the LORD shall be many.

Is.66:18
18 "For I know their works and their thoughts, and the time is coming to gather all nations and tongues. And they shall come and shall see my glory

Is.65:12

12 I will destine you to the sword, and all of you shall bow down to the slaughter, because, when I called, you did not answer; when I spoke, you did not listen, but you did what was evil in my eyes and chose what I did not delight in." 

While it is true that God is merciful, there will come a time for judgement. Judgement will come to those sinners who do not repent and turn and follow Jesus. The choice must be made while Christ is calling you to repent! God has always had the final say! When the doctor tells you that you have a few months to live, they are basing it on science, but God the creator has the final say.

Ps.139:13-17

13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. 
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

2 Timothy 1:9 
9 who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time

Father in heaven, You have sent Your Son with the power to save mankind! You do indeed have the final say! We prayerfully wait for Christs' return to fulfill Your holy purpose! Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment