Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Godly Discipline


Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of The Lord.

Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. 

Col.3:20-21
20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.
21 Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.

Prov.13:24
Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him. 

All my life I have believed in spanking! I spanked my daughters and I have spanked my grand kids. We must be careful in discipline not to over use spanking or it will become ineffective. There comes a point in time, as a child matures, when a child can be reasoned with. When a child looses control, spanking may not be the answer. Time out from their favorite pass time is a good alternative. Do not be a party to a tantrum! Both you and your child will loose control. Time alone for them in their room, to calm down is key.
Then punishment can be given with an explanation as to why they are being punished. Love your kids, they are an amazing gift for which you are responsible for before God! I have made many mistakes in my parenting, as my daughters gladly will tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment