Monday, January 6, 2014

IN THE BEGINNING

Genesis 1:26-31
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
28 And God blessed them. And God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
29 And God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
30 And to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the heavens and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food." And it was so.
31 And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

Matthew 4:18-22
18 While walking by the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon (who is called Peter) and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea, for they were fishermen.
19 And he said to them, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."
20 Immediately they left their nets and followed him.
21 And going on from there he saw two other brothers, James the son of Zebedee and John his brother, in the boat with Zebedee their father, mending their nets, and he called them.
22 Immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

In the Beginning of the Old Testament…
The purpose of our lives…
We have been created to enjoy God’s grace in a relationship
with Him.
We have been created to extend God’s glory to the ends of
the earth.
The problem in our lives…
We have rebelled against God’s authority.
The promise for our lives…
God will send a Redeemer to us.
We can be reconciled to Him.
In the Beginning of the New Testament…
We have been called to be disciples of Jesus.
To turn from our sin and ourselves.
To trust in Jesus as Savior and Lord.
We have been commissioned to make disciples of Jesus.
To proclaim God’s grace for others’ salvation in Christ.
To spread God’s glory through the multiplication of the church.
In the Beginning of 2014…
How will I fill my mind with truth?
How will I read God’s Word?
How will I memorize God’s Word?
How will I learn God’s Word from others?
How will I fuel my affections for God?
How will I worship?
How will I pray?
How will I fast?
How will I give?
How will I share God’s love as a witness in the world?
Who?
How?
When?
How will I show God’s love as a member of the church?
Where?
What?
How will I spread God’s glory among all peoples?
How will I pray for the nations?
How will I give to the nations?
How will I go to the nations?
How will I make disciple makers among a few people?
How will I bring them in?
How will I model obedience?
How will I send them out?

Thanks Pastor David!

No comments:

Post a Comment