Monday, September 12, 2016

When Death Comes Calling

As I sit by her hospital bed, she looks frail but you can tell she still has a quite inner strength.
Her lips move but there is no sound. At first, I think she's mumbling but as I sit still and watch. I become aware that she is talking to the Lord. Her daughter says she's just mumbling in her sleep and I say, no she is talking to the Lord. I call her name and ask if she is praying and with her sweet soft voice, she says yes!! She is in the hospital again with another assault on her 80 something body! There have been many assaults including strokes, operations on various parts, pneumonia, and a whole host of seemingly never ending others. But still, she trust the Lord with an unwavering faith. What a testimony to His Lordship! 

Lord, teach us this trust, this faith, this hope that comes from only knowing You.
Give us intimate knowledge to face these assaults knowing You have us in Your righteous right hand. Calm fears with Your sovereign guidance through Your holy word. Amen

9 you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, "You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off"; 
10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  - Isaiah 41:9-10

Death Comes To All
1 But all this I laid to heart, examining it all, how the righteous and the wise and their deeds are in the hand of God. Whether it is love or hate, man does not know; both are before him.
2 It is the same for all, since the same event happens to the righteous and the wicked, to the good and the evil, to the clean and the unclean, to him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice. As the good one is, so is the sinner, and he who swears is as he who shuns an oath.
3 This is an evil in all that is done under the sun, that the same event happens to all. Also, the hearts of the children of man are full of evil, and madness is in their hearts while they live, and after that they go to the dead.
4 But he who is joined with all the living has hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.
5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.
6 Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more share in all that is done under the sun. - Ecclesiastes 9:1-6

Are you ready for eternity???

No comments:

Post a Comment