Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Being Satisfied


In the stillness, the quietness, the calmness that only the Lord brings, I rest.
Not knowing what the moment brings, I wait.
Praising God that He alone satisfies.
Let me know You Lord, intimately, as You know me.
I see chaos everywhere as man tries to change Your way of peace to one that ends in destruction.
Oh Lord, have mercy!
The wickedness of man is great.
We need You Jesus every moment of every hour!

15 The eyes of all look to you, and you give them their food in due season. 
16 You open your hand; you satisfy the desire of every living thing. 
17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works. 
18 The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. 
19 He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them. 
20 The LORD preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy. 
21 My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and let all flesh bless his holy name forever and ever.  - Psalm 145:15-21

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. 
2 I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  - Psalm 91:1-2

14 "Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 
15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 
16 With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."  - Psalm 91:14-16

Reckless unsatisfied people:
God alone sustains! 
What sustains you?
Where do you worship, who gets the glory?
Things?
Men?
The one true living God?

11 And when the crowds saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in Lycaonian, "The gods have come down to us in the likeness of men!"
12 Barnabas they called Zeus, and Paul, Hermes, because he was the chief speaker.
13 And the priest of Zeus, whose temple was at the entrance to the city, brought oxen and garlands to the gates and wanted to offer sacrifice with the crowds.
14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard of it, they tore their garments and rushed out into the crowd, crying out,
15 "Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men, of like nature with you, and we bring you good news, that you should turn from these vain things to a living God, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all that is in them.
16 In past generations he allowed all the nations to walk in their own ways.
17 Yet he did not leave himself without witness, for he did good by giving you rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, satisfying your hearts with food and gladness."
18 Even with these words they scarcely restrained the people from offering sacrifice to them. - Acts 14:11-18

5 The fool will no more be called noble, nor the scoundrel said to be honorable. 
6 For the fool speaks folly, and his heart is busy with iniquity, to practice ungodliness, to utter error concerning the LORD, to leave the craving of the hungry unsatisfied, and to deprive the thirsty of drink. 
7 As for the scoundrel-his devices are evil; he plans wicked schemes to ruin the poor with lying words, even when the plea of the needy is right. 
8 But he who is noble plans noble things, and on noble things he stands.  - Isaiah 32:5-8

The promise of satisfaction:

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. - John 6:35

For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things.  - Psalm 107:9

26 The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live forever! 
27 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you. 
28 For kingship belongs to the LORD, and he rules over the nations.  - Psalm 22:26-28

8 I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. 
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure. 
10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. 
11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  - Psalm 16:8-11

3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
4 And you will say in that day: "Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.  - Isaiah 12:3-4

13 Jesus said to her, "Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again,
14 but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." - John 4:13-14

Jesus alone satisfies!

No comments:

Post a Comment