Friday, July 12, 2013

The People Under the Overpass

How many times have I passed them? They sit quietly in their dirty clothes in the only home they know, under the overpass, watching the world go by and we never even notice them. How sad, that in our busy and hectic lives, we often miss God speaking,  "FEED MY SHEEP"! But what does that mean, feed my sheep? Is it a physical or spiritual call or both? It is ever so clear in God's written word that it is both a physical and spiritual call.

Spiritual call:

Acts 26:18
to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'

Luke 18:18-19
18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 

19 to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." 

Physical call:

Matthew 25:35-36
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,

36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.'

James 2:15-16

15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
16 and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?

Hebrews 13:1-3
1 Let brotherly love continue.


2 Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
3 Remember those who are in prison, as though in prison with them, and those who are mistreated, since you also are in the body.




Lord, forgive our hearts when we are blind to what should be so clear! Lord, I pray for the homeless who reside in the places we ignore. Bless them, give them courage as they wait on us to open our hearts and eyes! Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment