Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Season of Doubt


What is a season of doubt?
It's a time of not feeling God's presence.
It's when you are feeling your world come apart.
It's a time of testing and trial.
It's those fiery darts that are cast in your direction!


Just remember these words in times of trouble:
22 The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; 
23 they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  - Lamentations 3:22-23

1 I am the man who has seen affliction under the rod of his wrath; 
2 he has driven and brought me into darkness without any light; 
3 surely against me he turns his hand again and again the whole day long. 
4 He has made my flesh and my skin waste away; he has broken my bones; 
5 he has besieged and enveloped me with bitterness and tribulation; 
6 he has made me dwell in darkness like the dead of long ago. 
7 He has walled me about so that I cannot escape; he has made my chains heavy; 
8 though I call and cry for help, he shuts out my prayer; 
9 he has blocked my ways with blocks of stones; he has made my paths crooked. 
10 He is a bear lying in wait for me, a lion in hiding; 
11 he turned aside my steps and tore me to pieces; he has made me desolate; 
12 he bent his bow and set me as a target for his arrow. 
13 He drove into my kidneys the arrows of his quiver; 
14 I have become the laughingstock of all peoples, the object of their taunts all day long. 
15 He has filled me with bitterness; he has sated me with wormwood. 
16 He has made my teeth grind on gravel, and made me cower in ashes; 
17 my soul is bereft of peace; I have forgotten what happiness is; 
18 so I say, "My endurance has perished; so has my hope from the LORD." 
19 Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! 
20 My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. 
21 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:  - Lamentations 3:1-21

Can't we all identify with Jeremiah?
What were Jeremiah's last words in this chapter?
I have Hope!
Why?
Because he knew he worshiped a God who is able! 

Jeremiah also knew that God wanted a humbled obedient heart! 


1 Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. 

2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! 
3 For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. 
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. 
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. 
6 Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. 
7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 
8 Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. 
9 Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. 
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. 
11 Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.  - Psalm 51:1-11

So what do we take away from this teaching?


There is a time of testing!


There is a time of joy!


God's creation will doubt!!


God is more than able!


Hold fast to your faith in God and His promise of everlasting love and mercy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment