Thursday, June 23, 2016

It Is Not God

There are many false religions!
There are many false gods!
There are many idols!
Many are hand-made by man in his futile attempt to stop that feeling that something is missing from his soul! 
It just can't be explained nor stopped!
So, he continues his search!

I was ready to be sought by those who did not ask for me; I was ready to be found by those who did not seek me. I said, "Here I am, here I am," to a nation that was not called by my name.  - Isaiah 65:1

1 Set the trumpet to your lips! One like a vulture is over the house of the LORD, because they have transgressed my covenant and rebelled against my law. 
2 To me they cry, "My God, we-Israel-know you." 
3 Israel has spurned the good; the enemy shall pursue him. 
4 They made kings, but not through me. They set up princes, but I knew it not. With their silver and gold they made idols for their own destruction. 
5 I have spurned your calf, O Samaria. My anger burns against them. How long will they be incapable of innocence? 
6 For it is from Israel; a craftsman made it; it is not God. The calf of Samaria shall be broken to pieces.  - Hosea 8:1-6

Do not turn to idols or make for yourselves any gods of cast metal: I am the LORD your God. - Leviticus 19:4

44 And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever,
45 just as you saw that a stone was cut from a mountain by no human hand, and that it broke in pieces the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver, and the gold. A great God has made known to the king what shall be after this. The dream is certain, and its interpretation sure." - Daniel 2:44-45

They have made me jealous with what is no god; they have provoked me to anger with their idols. So I will make them jealous with those who are no people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.  - Deuteronomy 32:21

26 For all the gods of the peoples are worthless idols, but the LORD made the heavens. 
27 Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and joy are in his place. 
28 Ascribe to the LORD, O families of the peoples, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength! 
29 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him! Worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness; 
30 tremble before him, all the earth; yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved. 
31 Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice, and let them say among the nations, "The LORD reigns!"  - 1 Chronicles 16:26-31

No comments:

Post a Comment