Sunday, June 26, 2016

God’s Provision in the Midst of Suffering


BIBLE MEDITATION:
 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me.” Revelation 3:20

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Over and over again, people will ask me this question, “If there is a God, why is there so much suffering?” There’s never an easy answer to that question when someone is grieving or suffering, but God has taught me that the universe has a disease. And God cannot remove the pain until the last vestige of sin is gone. The worst thing that could happen to human beings would be if we were to live in a world cursed by sin, and yet the world seem to be a paradise. We would never come to God.

ACTION POINT:
God has showered this world with immeasurable mercies. Focus today, not on the suffering, but on the provision of God’s grace.

LWF Dr. Adrian Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment