Saturday, October 29, 2016

Because God Said So


Survivors guilt and the why me scenario:
We have all said it at one time or another, "why me"?
It was usually said during a time of great stress!
Someone or you are sick and not recovering, someone going through chemo as you sit and watch them suffer or you in an accident survive and someone with you doesn't!
God's timing is perfect!
He alone determines your demise!
He alone knows all things and how they work together.
He alone orchestrates our lives according to His perfect will.
While we know that God has given man free will, He alone gives and takes life by His command. 

Lord, may we honor You alone for Your sovereignty.
Lord, may we rest in how You lead us every minute of everyday.
Lord, may we have Your wisdom in our daily lives.
Lord, may we love the lost with our whole heart.
Lord, may we totally serve You.
Lord, may we have an unquenchable thirst for sharing You. Amen

13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.  - Psalm 139:13-16

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
4 who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
5 For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.
6 If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.
7 Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort. - 2 Corinthians 1:3-7

5 I am the LORD, and there is no other, besides me there is no God; I equip you, though you do not know me, 
6 that people may know, from the rising of the sun and from the west, that there is none besides me; I am the LORD, and there is no other. 
7 I form light and create darkness, I make well-being and create calamity, I am the LORD, who does all these things. 
8 "Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout; I the LORD have created it.  - Isaiah 45:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment