Thursday, October 27, 2016

This Parched Life


Our land is parched from lack of rain.
Our lives are parched from not denying self.
We need rain.
We need mercy.
Our sin is great.
Teach us Lord, Your great word.
Burn it into our souls so that we will share You.
You alone are worthy of praise.
Feed us Your goodness.
Sprinkle Your just word, planting it deep, and bringing forth a mighty harvest.
And all the people said, It is You Lord, You have done it!


9 Who among all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? 
10 In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind.  - Job 12:9-10

Are there any among the false gods of the nations that can bring rain? Or can the heavens give showers? Are you not he, O LORD our God? We set our hope on you, for you do all these things.  - Jeremiah 14:22

25 When he gave to the wind its weight and apportioned the waters by measure, 
26 when he made a decree for the rain and a way for the lightning of the thunder, 
27 then he saw it and declared it; he established it, and searched it out. 
28 And he said to man, 'Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to turn away from evil is understanding.'"  - Job 28:25-28

25 "Who has cleft a channel for the torrents of rain and a way for the thunderbolt, 
26 to bring rain on a land where no man is, on the desert in which there is no man, 
27 to satisfy the waste and desolate land, and to make the ground sprout with grass? 
28 "Has the rain a father, or who has begotten the drops of dew?  - Job 38:25-28

Ask rain from the LORD in the season of the spring rain, from the LORD who makes the storm clouds, and he will give them showers of rain, to everyone the vegetation in the field.  - Zechariah 10:1

All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.  - Isaiah 66:2

He it is who makes the clouds rise at the end of the earth, who makes lightnings for the rain and brings forth the wind from his storehouses.  - Psalm 135:7

13 "And if you will indeed obey my commandments that I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
14 he will give the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the later rain, that you may gather in your grain and your wine and your oil. - Deuteronomy 11:13-14

And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing. - Ezekiel 34:26

3 "If you walk in my statutes and observe my commandments and do them,
4 then I will give you your rains in their season, and the land shall yield its increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. - Leviticus 26:3-4

9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing me, the whole nation of you.
10 Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. And thereby put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need. - Malachi 3:9-10

Lord, hear our prayer. In Your great mercy, release the rains. Save Your people from their tremendous amount of sin. Forgive us, cleanse us and lead us in Your great way. Thank You Lord for what You will do. Amen

1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. 
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. 
4 So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.  - Psalm 63:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment