Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Just and The Unjust

Matt. 5:45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
So, God gives grace and mercy indiscriminately! Not by whether we deserve it, but because He loves us regardless. Very humbling isn't it? What does that mean? It means there is nothing you can do to warrant the grace or mercy of God. Romans 9:14-16 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.
How rich is His grace? 1Peter1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
Eph.1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace
He sent His Son:
John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Definition of grace: unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification, a virtue coming from God, a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace
Definition of mercy: a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion
Definition of just: Consistent with what is morally right; righteous
Definition of unjust: not righteous
Rain is a blessing from the Lord! But it can also be used as a judgement, as the example of the flood in Noah's day shows us. We do not know if we will live the next minute because Almighty God is the author of our life. He has numbered our days since before we were made. Ps.139:13-17 NIV For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
Lord, someone today needs to hear Your Word. It will be by Your will that they will read this today. Open their heart to receive Your good news, Christ gave us life through His death and resurrection. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment