Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I Am the Bread of Life

Jesus Christ, Son of God, came to save mankind from sin!
John 6:33-44  For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."  They said to him, "Sir, give us this bread always." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day.  For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." So the Jews grumbled about him, because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven." They said, "Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How does he now say, 'I have come down from heaven'?" Jesus answered them, "Do not grumble among yourselves. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
Sovereign God works through faith so that man must believe Jesus is the Messiah and the Son of God, who alone, offers the only way of salvation. There are not many ways to God, only one, through His Son alone, may we be reconciled to God. 1 Tim.2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus 
God's mercy and God's compassion not human will or exertion: Romans 9:14-18 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on God's part? By no means! For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion." So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.
Jesus is not a respector of person, His salvation is open to all regardless of race, nationality or status. However, not all will choose to except the gift of salvation! Upon His resurrection, He paid your debt but it is your responsiblity to believe on Him for salvation or deny Him.  John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." 
Lord, I pray for the ones You will call for Your own. Open their hearts to receive the hope that is found in You alone. Show mercy and compassion to the lost in Jesus name. Amen
Romans 2:3  For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment