Monday, May 16, 2011

I Have Come In My Father's Name

Lord, You are mighty to save! Salvation is in no one else! People of the world, behold Your Savior!!
John 5:37-47 And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness about me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen, and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe the one whom he has sent. You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me, yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life. I do not receive glory from people. But I know that you do not have the love of God within you. I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God? Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope.  For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?"
Every time I read these words, my heart is heavy with the foolishness of man! The truth of God is everywhere we look. You have to ask yourself, who made the heavens and the earth and all that is held with in them! Even the people who are located in the outer most parts of the world, when confronted by mission minded people, and presented with this question, answer, we have been waiting for someone to tell us. It is in our being to think about right and wrong and their consequence or what makes something good or what makes something evil. The Almighty Creator gave us this sense when we were created in His image. His Word reinforces this truth! Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.
Col.3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. Romans 2:15 They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Lord, how long will the foolishness of man be tolerated? People die everyday without You! Open eyes and hearts to the truth of Your Word. Amen
Today the world lost a dear and compassionate man who loved the Lord and prayed for many people. He prayed with me on several occasions and you could feel his concern for your trials. He was a true prayer warrior for the Lord! I will be forever blessed because of his love for others! Mr. Charles, you are home now! 2 Cor.5:8 ASV we are of good courage, I say, and are willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be at home with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment