Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Eternity Lies at the Door




Matt.24:36-51
36 "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. 
37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 
38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 
39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 
40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left. 
41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left. 
42 Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. 
43 But know this that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. 
44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. 
45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? 
46 Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. 
47 Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. 
48 But if that wicked servant says to himself, 'My master is delayed,' 
49 and begins to beat his fellow servants and eats and drinks with drunkards, 
50 the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know 
51 and will cut him in pieces and put him with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.


Matt.25:31-46
31 "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 
32 Before him will be gathered all the nations and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 
33 And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. 
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 
35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 
36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' 
37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 
38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 
39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' 
40 And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.' 
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 
42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 
43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' 
44 Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' 
45 Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' 
46 And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

These are the sobering facts that we need to feel….
Jesus delay will be long but His return will be sudden! His judgment on our exposed hearts will be irreversible! Our sentence may be surprising! Our lives will stand alone! We must be prepared!
Are we keeping watch for Christ as we faithfully follow Him? Are we trusting Christ as we live out our lives? Are we keeping watch for Christ as we faithfully follow Him? Are we trusting Christ as we live out our lives? Are we serving Christ with our talents, being His stewards, showing His love, and serving our fellow Christians with a pure heart? Serving with a heart that has been changed by Christ as evidence of His gift of salvation?

There are two eternal destinations, Heaven and Hell!
Heaven is the place of enjoyment, delight, joy,and peace which God has prepared for His obedient children.
Hell is the place for Satan, demons and where the Un-repentant sinners will spend eternity. It is the place of total separation from the Father's love, unquenchable agony and never-ending suffering.

Will you deny Christ as Savior or will you bow to Him as King?

Lord, help us to teach the world of Your loving kindness. Help us to submit to Christ and His throne of grace as our only hope! Amen

Thanks Pastor David!

No comments:

Post a Comment