Monday, March 4, 2013

Eyes of the Dead


I have seen many people dead at the funeral home, all pasty white, eyes shut as if they are sleeping, but you can tell it’s not a normal sleep!
Recently, we had the privilege of taking care of my brother who was dying of cancer.
He was a Christian but still had many questions about his impending death, about eternity and about how we only have our faith in Christ's mercy for salvation!
It's hard to watch a loved one die, knowing there is nothing you can do.
My brother died Tuesday the 18th.
In the few days before his death, I had noticed that he had started fixing his eyes on something unseen, staring but not seeing, and that his eyes had begun to get a vacant look.
The day he died, you could look into his eyes and tell his soul had left, there was no life in them, no spark, no remembrance, just nothing!
He had gone into eternity!
This puff of life we have is but a vapor!!
God's design is for the soul to be eternal!
As my brother was leaving this earth, he shouted hallelujah!!
With his last breath he was praising God!
To be able to glorify His name as you go to the heavenly realm to finally see Him face to face is joy unspeakable!
I miss my brother so much, I grieve at the loss of him but I would not want him back here, he's at home now!



Ps.89:48
What man can live and never see death? Who can deliver his soul from the power of Sheol? Selah




Ecc.9:5
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

Job 14:10 But a man dies and is laid low; man breathes his last, and where is he


Job 30:23
For I know that you will bring me to death and to the house appointed for all living

Our hope....

Job 19:25-26
25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth
26 And after my skin has been thus destroyed, yet in my flesh I shall see God,

Acts 2:24
God raised him up, loosing the pangs of death, because it was not possible for him to be held by it.

Acts 17:31 
For he has set a day when he will judge the world with justice by the man he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead."

We are....
Colossians 2:12 
having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead


God has total control over death! He has given our Savior Jesus Christ dominion over death and it will be utterly destroyed!

Ezekiel 37:1-14

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD and set me down in the middle of the valley; it was full of bones. 
2 And he led me around among them, and behold, there were very many on the surface of the valley, and behold, they were very dry. 
3 And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, you know." 
4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. 
5 Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. 
6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD." 
7 So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a sound, and behold, a rattling, and the bones came together, bone to its bone. 
8 And I looked, and behold, there were sinews on them, and flesh had come upon them, and skin had covered them. But there was no breath in them. 
9 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live." 
10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army. 
11 Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope is lost; we are indeed cut off.' 
12 Therefore prophesy, and say to them, Thus says the Lord GOD: Behold, I will open your graves and raise you from your graves, O my people. And I will bring you into the land of Israel. 
13 And you shall know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves, and raise you from your graves, O my people. 
14 And I will put my Spirit within you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I am the LORD; I have spoken, and I will do it, declares the LORD."

Rev.1:17-18

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last, 
18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades.



Praise be to God for our glorious gift of Christ the Redeemer!!! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment