Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Drink Offering Before the Lord

Numbers 28:7
7 Its drink offering shall be a quarter of a hin for each lamb. In the Holy Place you shall pour out a drink offering of strong drink to the LORD.

Ephesians 5:2
2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

The Israelite people, God's chosen ones, made appointed sacrifices, some burnt offerings and some poured out before the Lord God, to atone for sin. But God in His mercy sent a spotless Lamb to atone once and for all time. This Lamb, who knew no sin, took all sin on Himself, to satisfy the wrath of God toward us.

Is.53:3-11

3 He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. 
4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. 
5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. 
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned--every one--to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all. 
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth. 
8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people? 
9 And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth. 
10 Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. 
11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.

If these words do not speak to your heart, there is something so wrong in your spirit.
Such a great debt is owed to our Savior, by me and by you. Because of that debt we must tell the world about Christ and His precious gospel of hope.

Ps.116:4-14

4 Then I called on the name of the LORD: "O LORD, I pray, deliver my soul!" 
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; our God is merciful. 
6 The LORD preserves the simple; when I was brought low, he saved me. 
7 Return, O my soul, to your rest; for the LORD has dealt bountifully with you. 
8 For you have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling; 
9 I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living. 
10 I believed, even when I spoke, "I am greatly afflicted"; 
11 I said in my alarm, "All mankind are liars." 
12 What shall I render to the LORD for all his benefits to me? 
13 I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the LORD, 
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people. 

Lord, we praise You. Help us teach the world what a gift Your salvation brings to all who will bow and except. Amen





No comments:

Post a Comment