Friday, March 29, 2013

Do You Have What It Takes?

I think to myself daily, "how can I do this, I don't have what it takes".
I don't know enough about the bible to share it with the lost!
Then the doubts, the fiery darts of Satan, began to shoot me straight in the heart, "You don't have a thing in common with those people".
You have not been in jail or prison!
You have not taken illicit drugs or been a drunk!
You certainly have never sold your body for immoral purposes!
Then that small still voice that comes from the Lord said " think again, go to My word and I will show you".
Then the terror set in, God's gonna make me do this! And in the process, He's gonna show me I have a great deal in common with "those people"!!

Lord, pour out Your Spirit. Tear my heart apart as You show me just how wicked I am!
Lord, teach me not to judge but to love and to encourage.
Teach me how to use Your word to set the captives free, yes even when their bodies are locked away in prison or when they appear to be free but their souls are being held captive. Amen

2 Corinthians 12:6-10
6 Though if I should wish to boast, I would not be a fool, for I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain from it, so that no one may think more of me than he sees in me or hears from me. 
7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 
9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 
10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.


As long as Satan keeps us silent, people will perish!
As long as we shrink away from God's will, people will perish!
As long as we think we are better than others, people will perish!

What we all have in common....
Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
Genesis 2:17 
but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."
Romans 5:14 
Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who is a pattern of the one to come.
Ephesians 2:3 
All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

No one is free from sin....
1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Matthew 15:19 
For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

James 1:14-15 
but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed.
Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

What if we helped our lost friends be accountable by teaching them God's word as it will apply to their life and ours?
What if we show them that we all fail and can get forgiveness if we repent? What if we extend our hand and heart in compassion and be a friend?
What if we teach them that the material things of this earth pass away but love will never pass away!
What if we give of our time, money and resources to help them win the battle against hopelessness?
Do we have what it takes????
Christ does!!!

John 14:14
If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.
John 15:16 
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment