Thursday, October 17, 2013

Subjection of the Rebels

SUBJECTION, n.
1. The act of subduing; the act of vanquishing and bringing under the dominion of another.
The conquest of the kingdom and the subjection of the rebels--
2. The state of being under the power, control and government of another. The safety of life, liberty, and property depends on our subjection. Our appetites and passions should be in subjection to our reason, and our will should be in entire subjection to the laws of God.

The Rebel never finds peace.
He has a high opinion of himself!
He always thinks he is right, never listening to others.
We are born rebels!
We have been rebels since the Garden of Eden when our temptation began!

Ephesians 5:22-24
22 Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior.
24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands.

1 Cor.11:3
3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.

God has commanded the order of all things!
Subjects of God are under His will!
He wants a humble willing servant!

John 5:19,30
19 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.
30 "I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment