Wednesday, July 16, 2014

God Knows

Psalm 139:1-6
1 O LORD, you have searched me and known me! 
2 You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. 
3 You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. 
4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. 
5 You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. 
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. 

The primary theme threaded throughout Psalm 139 is the omniscience of God. 
Omniscience: God’s perfect knowledge of all things
Key Question: Does God really know everything...and if he does, how should that affect the way I live?
3 Things to Know About the Knowledge of God...
God’s knowledge is both intuitive and immense.
(Isaiah 40:13-14; Matthew 10:30; Psalm 147:4; Proverbs 15:3; Psalm 50:11; Acts 15:18; Psalm 139:12; Psalm 90:8; Matthew 11:21)
All knowledge past, present, and future resides in him.
God’s knowledge is not confined to the things on this earth. 
Nothing can be hidden from him!
God not only knows what “is” – he also knows what
“could have been.”
God’s knowledge is both intimate and infinite. 
God knows everything about me. (v. 1) 
God knows when I move. (v. 2a)
God knows what I think. (v. 2b)
God knows where I go. (v. 3) 
God knows what I say. (v. 4)
God has me surrounded. (v. 5)
God’s knowledge has implications for my life. 
It should fuel my worship. (v. 6)
It should drive me to the Word.
It should eliminate my worry.
It should transform my walk.

Thanks Dennis!

No comments:

Post a Comment