Tuesday, February 24, 2015

THE GOSPEL: OUR MESSAGE FOR THE WORLD

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.
27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Understanding the illustration...
• The competition is our global mission.
• The prize is the soul of the unreached.
• The effort is the sacrifice of our rights.

Applying the illustration...
• We give up our rights because this prize is exclusive. (1 Corinthians 9:24)
• We give up our rights because this prize is eternal. (1 Corinthians 9:25)
• We give up our rights because this prize is essential. (1 Corinthians 9:26-27) 
Thanks Pastor Jim!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment