Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Emotion of Anger


Definition:
A strong feeling of displeasure, wrath, rage

As a human being, I have expressed this emotion many times. I have prayed many times to the good Lord for deliverance from this wicked thing called anger. Anger leads to many other rebellious things such as cursing others! I have a terrible temper which leads to anger. I am reminded often in my reading of God's Word that anger is not a good thing. I want to make the right choice and not be prone to anger, but sometimes I fail. I can't think of anger without thinking of the wrath of God on the sinner who will not repent, which makes me think of His forgiveness toward sinful man, which makes me think of Christ and the mercy that was shown to us when we will repent!

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions,
21 envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:18-21

4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved-
Ephesians 2:4-5

30 The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent,
31 because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead."
Acts 17:30-31

No comments:

Post a Comment