Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Absolution

Definition of absolution:
Release from guilt, pardon, mercy 

No preacher, no priest, and no other person can offer this to a sinner only Christ alone!
Is it possible to get absolution from a sinful past? Yes!

How? 
By the shedding of His blood to satisfy God's wrath due sinful man!

Who is this blessed Trinity?

God the Father
15 "It is he who made the earth by his power, who established the world by his wisdom, and by his understanding stretched out the heavens. 
16 When he utters his voice there is a tumult of waters in the heavens, and he makes the mist rise from the ends of the earth. He makes lightning for the rain, and he brings forth the wind from his storehouses. 
17 Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols, for his images are false, and there is no breath in them. 
18 They are worthless, a work of delusion; at the time of their punishment they shall perish.  - Jeremiah 51:15-18

Jesus the Son
And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. - Matthew 28:18

35 The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand.
36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. - John 3:35-36

5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,
6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.
9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
10 so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, - Philippians 2:5-12

Holy Spirit-our helper sent from God after the death of Christ
26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.
27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
28 You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. - John 14:26-28

Absolution-forgiveness
But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.  - Psalm 130:4

To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, for we have rebelled against him - Daniel 9:9

Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? - Romans 2:4

for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. - Matthew 26:28

to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.' - Acts 26:18

No comments:

Post a Comment