Saturday, January 2, 2016

Setting Sail for a New Year


BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18.

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Helen Keller was born with sight, but became blind as a young child. Yet she had vision. 

A reporter asked Miss Keller, “Is there anything worse than losing your sight?” 

“Yes,” she said, “It is to have sight but no vision.” 

Do you have a vision for your life at the threshold of a new year? On New Year’s Day, I review the goals for my life. These are spiritual, relational, intellectual, physical, and financial goals. I pray over these and ask for God’s will to be done in each one. I hold them in an open hand and ask that God would give me wisdom as to the direction He wants for my life. I don’t want to be a man without vision. I don’t want you to be one, either.

ACTION POINT:
Begin to think about some goals you would like for your life. Pray and seek the Lord’s face as you ponder the future.


LWF Dr. Adrian Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment