Friday, February 12, 2016

To Tell The Truth


BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.” Ephesians 4:25.

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
When I was in college, I pastored a little church 130 miles away. One night as I was driving back home, I realized one of my headlights was out. I was hoping I wouldn’t get stopped when a highway patrolman pulled me over. 

He said, “Son, did you know one of your headlights is out?” 

I replied, “One of my headlights is out?” 

He said, “Son, you’d better get that fixed.” 

I said, “Yes, sir.” 

When I got back in the car, the Holy Spirit said, “Adrian, you lied.” 

I said, “No, I didn’t lie. I told the truth.” 

He said, “You lied.” 

If there is any area in your heart that is not based on truth, you’ve made the devil a home. 

ACTION POINT:
I want you to play a game of catch today, but this will only involve one person – you! When temptation urges you to lie, catch yourself and tell the truth.


LWF Dr. Adrian Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment