Sunday, May 7, 2017

My Rock



The LORD lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation-  - Psalm 18:46

Be to me a rock of refuge, to which I may continually come; you have given the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.  - Psalm 71:3

2 and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea,
3 and all ate the same spiritual food,
4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.
5 Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. - 1 Corinthians 10:2-6

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
12 The ones along the path are those who have heard; then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.
14 And as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature.
15 As for that in the good soil, they are those who, hearing the word, hold it fast in an honest and good heart, and bear fruit with patience. - Luke 8:11-15

"Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, you who seek the LORD: look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.  - Isaiah 51:1

You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you, and you forgot the God who gave you birth.  - Deuteronomy 32:18

35 They remembered that God was their rock, the Most High God their redeemer. 
36 But they flattered him with their mouths; they lied to him with their tongues. 
37 Their heart was not steadfast toward him; they were not faithful to his covenant. 
38 Yet he, being compassionate, atoned for their iniquity and did not destroy them; he restrained his anger often and did not stir up all his wrath. 
39 He remembered that they were but flesh, a wind that passes and comes not again.  - Psalm 78:35-39

"'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.  - Deuteronomy 32:39

No comments:

Post a Comment