Thursday, October 19, 2017

Bind Or Loose


I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." - Matthew 16:19

Bind-not allow-forbidden
Loose-allow-permitted 

Jesus has kingdom authority.
We can't bind or loose anything.
The Rabbi's were always changing what was kosher.
They strictly adhered to their thinking of what was forbidden or allowed.
This is legalism.
Christ brought grace, salvation not dependent upon law but upon Christ alone.
The law convicts of sin but can't redeem. 
Only Christ can redeem.
This power came from the authority of God who is our all in all. 
We are in a battle between good and evil.
Christ is King.
The victory is already won, by the power of His blood, we stand redeemed.

21 Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you."
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld." - John 20:21-23

And I will place on his shoulder the key of the house of David. He shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open. - Isaiah 22:22

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, "Fear not, I am the first and the last,
18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. - Revelation 1:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment