Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Sweet Aroma Of Prayers

I never really thought about our prayer being like sacrifices. In the same manner as sacrifices, they are offered up petitioning the Lord for forgiveness of our sin or in the spirit of praise to a holy mighty God. Just as the meat, grain and wine offerings are offered for their pleasing aroma, our words, if offered from a clean pure heart are an aroma to be savored as an act of worship.
Lord, let our every word and deed be done and said as worship of Your majesty. Amen


8 And when he had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each holding a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
9 And they sang a new song, saying, "Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, 
10 and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth."  - Revelation 5:8-10

Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice!  - Psalm 141:2

10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying outside at the hour of incense.
11 And there appeared to him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense. - Luke 1:10-11

Hear the voice of my pleas for mercy, when I cry to you for help, when I lift up my hands toward your most holy sanctuary.  - Psalm 28:2

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time.
7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
8 I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; - 1 Timothy 2:5-8

21 Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
24 God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth." - John 4:21-24

1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 
2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. 
3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. 
4 So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.  - Psalm 63:1-4



No comments:

Post a Comment