Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Way the Spirit Comes


As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything. - Ecclesiastes 11:5

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit." - John 3:8

4 A generation goes, and a generation comes, but the earth remains forever. 
5 The sun rises, and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises. 
6 The wind blows to the south and goes around to the north; around and around goes the wind, and on its circuits the wind returns.  - Ecclesiastes 1:4-6

13 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 
15 My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.  - Psalm 139:13-16

All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as he wills. - 1 Corinthians 12:11

God has shared some of His marvelous mysteries through the Gospel.
Yet many of them are still hidden. 
A few that stick in my mind;
1. Where the Spirit abides that gives life.
2. Where the wind comes from and returns to. 
3. The secret place souls are kept.

Too many wonderful thoughts come to mind about the Creator, His omnipotent power, His unsearchable wisdom and the depth of His mercies.

Do you intimately know Him?
Are you humbled by His majesty?
Will you surrender to the grace freely given by the sacrifice of Christ on the cross?
There is no other way to be reconciled to God, to have His forgiveness, to be eternally in heaven and to be truly free!

4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved-
6 and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
7 so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. - Ephesians 2:4-9

14 and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
15 The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.
16 But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
17 To the King of the ages, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. - 1 Timothy 1:14-17

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

1 Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. - Romans 5:1-2

21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it-
22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. - Romans 3:21-25

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Corinthians 5:21






No comments:

Post a Comment