Saturday, October 26, 2019

Opened Minds


Understanding the scriptures comes from God alone.
He searches the heart.
He knows Your every thought.
He gives true meaning to what you study.
He allows you to teach and share with others.
He warns you of sin.

Lord, open our hearts to Your life giving word.
Let us cherish it, teach it, obey it, and never let the world twist its meaning. Let us repent when we fail. We praise You for Jesus. He alone is able to give salvation according to Your command and by Your power. Amen


Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, - Luke 24:45

They said to each other, "Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?" - Luke 24:32

then he opens the ears of men and terrifies them with warnings,  - Job 33:16

One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul. - Acts 16:14

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. - 1 John 5:20-21

39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,
40 yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.
41 I do not receive glory from people.
42 But I know that you do not have the love of God within you.
43 I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him.
44 How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father. There is one who accuses you: Moses, on whom you have set your hope.
46 For if you believed Moses, you would believe me; for he wrote of me.
47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe my words?" - John 5:39-47

No comments:

Post a Comment