Sunday, April 26, 2020

For His Glory


23 Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,
24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD." - Jeremiah 9:23-24

For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels." - Mark 8:38

Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice!  - Psalm 105:3

He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  - Psalm 23:3

9 "For my name's sake I defer my anger; for the sake of my praise I restrain it for you, that I may not cut you off. 
10 Behold, I have refined you, but not as silver; I have tried you in the furnace of affliction. 
11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do it, for how should my name be profaned? My glory I will not give to another.  - Isaiah 48:9-11

I am the LORD; that is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to carved idols.  - Isaiah 42:8

"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.  - Isaiah 43:25

"For I the LORD do not change; therefore you, O children of Jacob, are not consumed. - Malachi 3:6

but you are the same, and your years have no end.  - Psalm 102:27

God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?  - Numbers 23:19

No comments:

Post a Comment