Saturday, November 28, 2020

Bible Study



Glorify God


3 Be gracious to me, O Lord, for to you do I cry all the day. 
4 Gladden the soul of your servant, for to you, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. 
5 For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you. 
6 Give ear, O LORD, to my prayer; listen to my plea for grace. 
7 In the day of my trouble I call upon you, for you answer me. 
8 There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. 
9 All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. 
10 For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. 
11 Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. 
12 I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever. 
13 For great is your steadfast love toward me; you have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.  - Psalm 86:3-13

15 When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." He said to him, "Feed my lambs."
16 He said to him a second time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" He said to him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I love you." He said to him, "Tend my sheep."
17 He said to him the third time, "Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, "Do you love me?" and he said to him, "Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you." Jesus said to him, "Feed my sheep.
18 Truly, truly, I say to you, when you were young, you used to dress yourself and walk wherever you wanted, but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will dress you and carry you where you do not want to go."
19 (This he said to show by what kind of death he was to glorify God.) And after saying this he said to him, "Follow me." - John 21:15-19

4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,
6 that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7 Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. - Romans 15:4-7

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment