Wednesday, January 12, 2011

That Touch Could Be A Lifeline

Do you ever just watch people? I do! They eyes will reveal a lot if you just be still and observe. I can see their hurts, their happiness, their frustrations and yes, I can see their loneliness. Some people are not physically touched for a long time. We need human touch! Not in a sexual way but in a way that lets a person know they are not alone. I know you may think this is a weird way of thinking but let me tell you what I mean. I knew a woman who was so mean people hated to see her coming. I began to pray for this lady because I knew something was wrong in her spirit. I told her I just wanted to give her a hug and I did not wait for permission. I just wrapped my arms around her in a big bear hug! She began to tell me all sorts of hurts she lived with day to day. She was different after that. She just needed someone to let her know she was not alone. Look around you and be observant, God will teach you how to show His love to a lost and dying world.
Eph.4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
Col.3:12-13 Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
1 Cor.13:13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Lord, I believe your word is the same as being touched. It has the same effect on me and others, the feeling of a touch and knowing we are not alone. It soothes our souls as we wait to see you face to face. We know we are not worthy of Your love but that does not keep us from hoping and longing to see You even as we face judgment from You. Forgive us and show us mercy for our failures. Amen
Ps.63:1-8 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment