Monday, January 10, 2011

The Sovereign Plan of God Never Fails and is for Eternity

Why don't we just face it!! We have no control! We are created by God for His purpose and for His glory. We do however have choices. We can deny Christ, and hope for the best or we can stand on the promises of a holy Sovereign God. Definition of sovereign: supreme ruler, having supreme power, being above all others.
His plan can not fail! Job 42:2 "I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be thwarted.
He is our King and Lord over our lives for His purposes. Gen.50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today.
Eccl.2:24-25 There is nothing better for a person than that he should eat and drink and find enjoyment in his toil. This also, I saw, is from the hand of God, for apart from him who can eat or who can have enjoyment?
Our responsibility. Prov.16:1 The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.
We are His creation. Matt.10:28-33 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
The security of His salvation. John 6:35-40 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.  And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."
He is the master of all events in life. Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
His result! Acts 13:47-48 For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, "'I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.'" And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed.
Romans 9:11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad--in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls--
Eph.1:7-14 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth. In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory
Lord, I see You at work in so many lives. Help us to fully understand Your grace and joy. You are our hope and our ever present help in time of trouble. Lord, I ask for mercy for the lost, open their closed heart to receive Your power of supreme healing so they may taste Your sweet gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. I stand amazed at the wonder of You. I cry out to You in anguish and You still my shaking soul. You know my heart and my deepest desire to follow you. I often fail and You are there to gently push me to try harder. Lord, forgive me for any transgression against You or any failure to be an obedient servant. Lord, I pray for the ones who are sick, the ones who have lost loved ones, the ones who are battling demons, the ones who are in financial woes and the ones who are in rebellion against You. Lord, I ask for You to be revealed to the nations by Your power and for your purpose. For we know from Your word that every knee will bow to You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment