Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Are You Just Called Or Are You Chosen?

Matt. 22:14 ESV For many are called, but few are chosen."
When I read this verse this morning for about the 10th time, I was just astounded! It really sunk in what it meant! Only some will except Jesus even though they have been called by Him to be His! I got a really sick feeling in my gut because people, like me who are saved by grace, may not have ever really listened to this verse. It will effect the way we look at people. It is possible to know about Jesus but not except Him and follow Him. Lord, I pray for eyes to be opened to Your word today, for we may not have a tomorrow. Today is the day of salvation. Amen
Lord, Your word says: Rev.22:17 KJ And the Spirit and the bride say ,Come. And let him that heareth say ,Come . And let him that is athirst come . And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
This is a general call of repentance to all who hear the gospel, we who respond are the chosen.
God's internal call or effectual call is a supernatural drawing to Him. 
John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. 
Although we are chosen to enter the kingdom, it is only because of the grace of God and His drawing of us to Himself, that allows us the privilege to enter His presence .
Definition of grace: God’s unmerited favor,-unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification
I would like to say one thing about grace. While grace is free, with it comes a responsibility of repentance. We must try to live a holy life and when we fail, go on our knees and ask for forgiveness.
Titus 2:11-12, "For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;"
Lord, help me follow Your commands and help me to teach others. Lord God, forgive us when we fail You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment