Sunday, July 10, 2011

Children Yet Unborn

Ps.78:4-6 things that we have heard and known, that our fathers have told us. We will not hide them from their children, but tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the LORD, and his might, and the wonders that he has done. He established a testimony in Jacob and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers to teach to their children, that the next generation might know them, the children yet unborn, and arise and tell them to their children, so that they should set their hope in God and not forget the works of God, but keep his commandments;
There are many thoughts on abortion. One thought that seems to cause a lot of discussion is when the fetus becomes a human being? The only thought that matters is what God's Word reveals.
Ps.139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.Abortion is an offense to God's sovereign authority as Creator!Definition of offense: a violation or breaking of a social or moral rule; transgression; sin.My pastor preached a great sermon on just what God's Word says. I will lay out some statistical facts that he presented to us.Over 45 million abortions have occurred since it became legal in 1973.1.4 million abortions occur every year.3,000 abortions occur every day.An abortion occurs every 20-25 seconds.1/3 of American women have had an abortion at some point in their lives.In the world, 46 million abortions occur every year. In the world, 130,000 abortions occur every day.A woman has an abortion almost every second of every day!Staggering stats for me to see in print. Father God, I am ashamed to be a part of Your people who have turned a blind eye to this horrible sin. Forgive us! AmenSovereign God is the only giver and taker of life! Man and woman can come together to create life but God ultimately is the Creator of life!We were created by God in His image.Gen.1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life. Job 12:10 In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind.God can take what He has created! Job knew God as Creator! Job knew God gives and takes away!Job 1:21-22 And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.Job 10:8-9 Your hands fashioned and made me, and now you have destroyed me altogether. Remember that you have made me like clay; and will you return me to the dust?Moses knew God as Creator!Deut.32:39 "'See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand. Hannah knew God as Creator!1Sam.2:6 The LORD kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up.Ezekiel knew God as Creator! Ez.37:3-6 And he said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?" And I answered, "O Lord GOD, you know." Then he said to me, "Prophesy over these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live, and you shall know that I am the LORD." What manner of Being is this that can call dry bones to life? God's Word has told us! He is the first and the last, He has no beginning or end, He is the Alpha and Omega and He is Lord and Creator of all things!We belong to God from the womb!Ps.22:10 On you was I cast from my birth, and from my mother's womb you have been my God. We were set apart, from before birth, by God for His purpose!Gal.1:15 But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his graceGod plans for us even in the womb!Luke 1:15 for he will be great before the Lord. And he must not drink wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother's womb.In the womb, God fashions us, He knows us and He calls us!Job 31:15 Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?Jer.1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." Is.49:1 Listen to me, O coastlands, and give attention, you peoples from afar. The LORD called me from the womb, from the body of my mother he named my name. All of God's works are wonderful! Some of us will have difficulties and some of us will have disabilities. He will show us His glory through all things!!John 9:2-3 And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. Confront your sin of abortion! God is faithful and just to forgive! From the mothers who have aborted their baby, to the fathers who supported the abortion, to the grandparents who encouraged the abortion, to the doctor who performed the abortion, to our government leaders who passed law supporting abortion, God will forgive, heal, restore, and redeem if you repent! Each person is responsible for his own sin!1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Deut.24:16 "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.Is.43:25 "I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.Ps.103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us. He will give you peace!Luke 7:47-50 Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven--for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little." And he said to her, "Your sins are forgiven." Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?" And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." We have the right to oppose evil. Abortion is evil except to save the mother's life! We have the right tolegislate good to protect us from the bad! It is against the law to steal, murder, speed, drive recklessly and rob, etc., for the the good of society and to keep peace! Government was instituted by God to keep peace.Romans 13:1-4 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. I would just like to say one more thing, in the case of rape or incest, the baby is innocent. God will carry you through this trial, He is able to take what is meant for evil and show His glory!! Pray for God's peace and guidance. Gen.50:20 As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today. Repent! Be humble before God, having faith in Christ for salvation, having hatred for all sin and having a new life in Christ. 2 Cor.7:10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.Lord, teach us about repentance through Your Word. Help us not to judge for we are being judged by You, who are worthy to judge all men. Lord, touch hearts about sin and teach us to run to Your Word for guidance. Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment