Friday, July 22, 2011

Rejoice in the Lord Always

Phil.4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice.
God is good, merciful and slow to anger, that knowledge should be our reason for rejoicing. For in His goodness, He has saved us through grace and faith in His Son's atonement for our sin. We can not atone for anything for we are ever sinful while here on earth. In the most trying times, we have God and He will be there!!
If your name is written in heaven, then you are a citizen of heaven. Wow, what a reason to rejoice!!
Luke 10:20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven".
Rejoice because He provides strength for all of life's trials:
Phil.4:11-13 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Heaven rejoices:
Luke 15:7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Luke 15:10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
Lord, I think we often forget to rejoice in You! I think of the twenty third Psalm and the precious words we know so well. Amen
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. 3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment