Thursday, July 28, 2011

Turn From Darkness to Light

Acts 26:16-18 But rise and stand upon your feet, for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to appoint you as a servant and witness to the things in which you have seen me and to those in which I will appear to you, delivering you from your people and from the Gentiles--to whom I am sending you to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'Acts 26:23 that the Christ must suffer and that, by being the first to rise from the dead, he would proclaim light both to our people and to the Gentiles." Jesus is light:Ps. 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? John 3:19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." 1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.The sinner walks in darkness. He has no hope! He is lost in sin and despair! He is under bondage to Satan. Satan holds you captive with all sorts of sin, he knows your weakness and will not stop tempting you till he causes you to yield. The only way to win is to run to Your Savior, flee as fast as you can, call on God's power through prayer and His Word. Satan is defeated and Christ is King and Lord!! If you do fall, repent, be humble before Him and ask Your Savior to forgive you.Luke 18:13 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!'Lord, I am persuaded by Your creation which I see with my own eyes, that Your Word is true! You are light and in You there is no darkness. Help me to teach Your power, hope and truth to a lost and dying generation. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment