Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

We all are walking through, the valley of the shadow of death, we simply choose not to think of it. The minute God gives us life, our death clock starts ticking. So even the smallest of newborn babies are starting their walk in the valley of death. And as we get old, if God wills us to be old, we are in the final valley of the shadow of death. 
Ps.23:4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
It is not by fate that you have many days or not so many days of life but by the divine hand of God!
Ps.139:16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
I had a cousin die a few days ago. I had lost touch with him and was sad to see he had died so young. My mind was flooded with many questions about him, well really about his eternity. As I began to sort out the questions, God's word began to resound in my head. If we deny the sovereignty of God, man is without excuse! It has been made plain to us by His creation. He will not be denied! His Word says or "the rocks will cry out!"
Romans 1:20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Luke 19:40 He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”
Ask someone about Christ today! He is working on their hearts already.
Lord, grant us souls today. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment