Thursday, July 5, 2012

In Prison Yet Free

Bless the Lord, O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy name!! Words to a song but oh so much more. It is the soul that is praising his Creator saying I know that my Redeemer lives! It is a fact that is supported by what we see in creation. It is why Paul and Silas sang in prison. It was pure joy in the Lord and who He is!! It is a soul that is fulfilled, held by the One who gives peace when everything is falling apart!! Peace He gives, calm He imparts, so we glorify Him with our last breath. He is holy and He is worthy!!
Your Creator....
Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
We know....
Job 35:10 But none says, ‘Where is God my Maker, who gives songs in the night
Psalm 119:55 In the night I remember your name, O LORD, and I will keep your law.
The lost do not know....
Job 36:13 "The godless in heart harbor resentment; even when he fetters them, they do not cry for help.
Why we sing praises....
Acts 16:25-32  
25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, 

26 and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's bonds were unfastened. 
27 When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. 
28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, "Do not harm yourself, for we are all here." 
29 And the jailer called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. 
30 Then he brought them out and said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" 
31 And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." 
32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house.
Satisfied....
John 4:14 but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
Lord, Your Word is good!!Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment