Sunday, July 15, 2012

You Will Not Abandon My Soul


Ps.16:7-11 
7 I bless the LORD who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. 
8 I have set the LORD always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. 
9 Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure
10 For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. 
11 You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.


Death...
Today she died! Thirty five years old, perfect health and much life left to live! God ordained her time here before she ever came to be! A car wreck claimed her, no fault of anyone, a driver who lost control on a slick road, God knew! Was she ready for eternity? Did she give thought to her soul's eternal home? Did she seek God? Was she too busy? Hard questions with eternal consequences!

Lord, open hearts to hear Your Words of eternal life. Let us never be too busy to share the gospel, to give a hug or a warm smile to this hurting world. Amen

Ecc.7:2 NIV It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart.


Eternal life...
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord
Is.55:3 Incline your ear, and come to me; hear, that your soul may live; and I will make with you an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David
Is.55:6-7 
6 "Seek the LORD while he may be found; call upon him while he is near
7 let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.


God's way...
Is.55:8-11

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. 
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 
10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 

Share the Word...
11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment