Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pray and Not Lose Heart

Luke 18:1
1 And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.

Is.40:28-3

28 Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. 
29 He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. 
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; 
31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Ps.50:15
15 and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me."

James 5:13-20
13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise.
14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord.
15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.
17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth.
18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
19 My brothers, if anyone among you wanders from the truth and someone brings him back,
20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.


Job 5:8-11

8 "As for me, I would seek God, and to God would I commit my cause
9 who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number
10 he gives rain on the earth and sends waters on the fields; 
11 he sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.

He hears every prayer offered by a humble heart. We should always pray, not just in times of trouble but when we are overjoyed with thanksgiving. Long for an answer, earnestly seek God and He will be found. I continually talk with Jesus. I have questions and He has the answers. I ask for boldness to speak His word of truth to the lost. I ask for open eyes to see, really see, the ones who need love. I ask for a discerning mind so I can teach the word of truth. I ask for acceptance of the things I can not understand or change, hurtful things that only God knows the whole story. I ask forgiveness when I am not faithful, when I rebel, when I think I have all the answers, or when I think or say mean things.
He is always in control! I am not!

Lord, I pray for faith to lean on You alone! To be humble in spirit, to seek You and Your will, to teach the glorious truth of Your word to the lost. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment