Monday, January 14, 2013

What A Blessing To Be Washed Clean

As I sat in the warm clear water, I had the overwhelming sense of what a blessing it is to be washed and clean from filth. I could not help but to compare it to being washed by the blood of Christ, for He truly takes away the filth of sin. I read something in a little devotional that I receive everyday from Life Worth Finding.Org, it was the commentary on Matthew 28:18-20 “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”


Here is that commentary...
Do you know what worry is? Worry is a mild form of atheism. It's acting like God doesn't exist. The great missionary David Livingstone took the Gospel to Africa and actually discovered and unlocked much of Africa. He lived a life of loneliness and danger. On January 14, 1856, surrounded by hostile people beating war drums like they were going to attack the next morning, he wrote in his journal: "Felt much turmoil of spirit in prospect of having all of my plans for the welfare of this great region and this teaming population knocked on the head by savages tomorrow."

Sitting at his campfire, he knows what's out there in the dark. Then he writes, “But I read that Jesus said, 'All power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth, go ye therefore and teach all nations, and lo I am with you always, even to the end of the world.' This is the word of a gentleman of the most strict and sacred honor. I will not cross furtively as I had intended. Why should such a man as I flee? I shall take observations for latitude and longitude tonight. Though it may be the last, I feel quite calm now. Thank God.”

Now what do we do with this new creation we are in Christ, free from the filth of sin ? Pray, learn from God's word, teach, make disciples, and give hope where there is none.

Lord, take our lives and mold them to glorify You in all the world! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment