Sunday, April 26, 2015

Our Thirsty Soul

What does your soul need to be satisfied? 
Is it a certain thing, or maybe a person?
Or do you just not know what you are searching for? 
Do you even believe in an eternal soul?
Do you even believe in an Almighty Sovereign God?
Do you even acknowledge your need for a Savior?
Let us explore the implications of this"eternal soul".


Our eternal soul:
Ecc.12:7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

This verse plainly says we(our earthly bodies) return to dust and our soul returns to  the Creator.

My thirsty soul longs for Christ!
His word is better than life!
I'm not searching anymore!
I have found my soul's constant craving!
I am satisfied!

Ps.63:
1 O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 2 So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. 3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. 4 So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands. 

Our days are fleeting! Look at the disasters that happen everyday, tornadoes, earthquakes, plane crashes, car crashes etc. Do I even need to mention the diseases we are exposed to?

Almighty Sovereign God:
Rev.1
8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Rev.11:
16 And the twenty-four elders who sit on their thrones before God fell on their faces and worshiped God, 17 saying, "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, who is and who was, for you have taken your great power and begun to reign. 18 The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth." 

Savior:
1 Tim.4:
10 For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe. 

2 Tim.1:
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God, 9 who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began, 10 and which now has been manifested through the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

1 John 4:
14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.

Rev.11:
15 Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever."


My prayer for You:
Jude 1:
17 But you must remember, beloved, the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. 18 They said to you, "In the last time there will be scoffers, following their own ungodly passions." 19 It is these who cause divisions, worldly people, devoid of the Spirit. 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. 22 And have mercy on those who doubt; 23 save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment