Sunday, June 21, 2015

Those Slaps Do Sting

Slaps, whether physical or mental do sting! 
The physical one stings your body but the mental one stings your heart!

I have a terrible temper. It is something I struggle with daily. God will not forgive a heart full of spite. I must keep my anger away for the glory of the Lord. He alone will repay every hostile deed. 

38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.'
39 But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. - Matthew 5:38-39


22 He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.
23 When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly.
24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. - 1 Peter 2:22-24


He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.  - Isaiah 53:7


But, O LORD of hosts, who judges righteously, who tests the heart and the mind, let me see your vengeance upon them, for to you have I committed my cause.  - Jeremiah 11:20

The sting of death kills the body eternally but the sting of unrepentant sin kills the soul eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment